Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Henry George Linsell

Boreenatra

Henry George Linsell appears on the War Memorial at St.Mary's Church Harlow (Sheering) he is in the GRO (as attachment) but not CWGC. Can anyone tell me if I have just missed him or is he a non-com.

Sorry if he has already been put forward by anyone

Regards Steve.

Many Thanks

I tried Lidsell / Lindsell / Lindsal / Lindsall.....................and several other combinations. If CWGC had a search by service no. such as Geoff Sullivan has (why didn't I go there ?????? ) then things would be so much easier.

Thanks again

Regards Steve

No probs. when inputting search parameter, less is more. so I put in

Surname: LIN

Initials: G H

Year of Death From 1916 To 1916

Here is another one I'm not sure about.................well I was sure before the Linsell one !!!!!!

Ernest Cracknell............I know he was KIA 27-05-1915 and he was 29 years old (he's the Middx Reg man)..............but once again I can't seem to trace him.

Any thoughts ?

Regards Steve

Can;t find him on CWGC but his medal index card states he entered theatre on 12/05/1915 so if he was killed on 27/05/1915 he was very unlucky.

Mick

Mick.

Thanks for your time and trouble. I have a pic of his family grave, and although these can't always be relied upon,it shows the value of having as many sources of info as possible. Terry's In From The Cold project may have found him soon but at least we seem to have another in the bag.

Anything on the reverse of the MIC ?

Regards Steve

Henry George Linsell appears on the War Memorial at St.Mary's Church Harlow (Sheering) he is in the GRO (as attachment) but not CWGC. Can anyone tell me if I have just missed him or is he a non-com.

Sorry if he has already been put forward by anyone

Regards Steve.

Following Mick's link to CWGC Records, his Surname is spelt with one "L" but his Mother's Surname with two.

Possibly Terry Denham can correct the misspelling.

Name: LINSEL, HENRY GEORGE

Initials: H G

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment/Service: London Regiment (City of London Rifles)

Unit Text: 1st/6th Bn.

Date of Death: 30/04/1916

Service No: 4391

Additional information: Son of Mrs. Alice Mary Linsell, of 12, Garden Terrace, Harlow, Essex.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: Bay 9 and 10.

Memorial: ARRAS MEMORIAL