Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Honoria Somerville Keer

seaJane

I've had some correspondence in the past with a member of the Keer family - Honoria's sister, Caroline Keer, was Matron-in-Chief of QAIMNS from 1906-10. The latter died near to me in Worthing, and is buried there in Broadwater cemetery.

Sue

I've had some correspondence in the past with a member of the Keer family - Honoria's sister, Caroline Keer, was Matron-in-Chief of QAIMNS from 1906-10. The latter died near to me in Worthing, and is buried there in Broadwater cemetery.

Sue

I see on the same roll of honour (Glasgow University) that there is another woman on the roll from the Scottish Women's Hospital, and another who was involved with the Serbian Fever Hospital. It's an interesting site altogether. I wonder if any other universities have done the same?

quote: and another who was involved with the Serbian Fever Hospital

here are some further details on this lady

postscript:

Jane, perhaps you can shed some light on one of my questions raised in the above thread

"Was this lady related to the RND surgeon with whom she shares her last three names

T/Surgeon James Ness MacBEAN-ROSS MC* MD RN"

best regards

Michael

postscript:

Jane, perhaps you can shed some light on one of my questions raised in the above thread

"Was this lady related to the RND surgeon with whom she shares her last three names

T/Surgeon James Ness MacBEAN-ROSS MC* MD RN"

best regards

Michael

Michael,

I'm afraid I don't have direct access to records so can't look up Surgeon James NMcBR, and regarding the lady I only know about her what's to be gained from the Glasgow site. Perhaps the 1901 census might indicate that they were resident at the same address, or give some other clue?

Good luck.

It's an excellent site - the biographies are really interesting and well written - I wonder who the main mover is in getting them all up there. I've come across a lot of University Rolls of Honour, but not that sort of information before. And what a lot of women appear there - one biog. describes them as a 'feisty' group of women, and they certainly were.

I had to wonder as well, if Agnes Forbes Blackadder is related in any way to a prominent Forum member!

Sue