Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Please help! British WWI Sleeve rank

Guest BlueRaa

Guest Joe Fowler
Looks like it could be your man, clasp for the 1914 star issued in November 1920 - but..............................

How can you be sure it is your man without checking the other MIC's and seeing if there is a surviving service record with further details?

A visit to PRO should be on the cards or if you post in the I'm going to the NA section some kind soul may offer to do it for you.

Good hunting!

squirrel,

True, without checking the others, I will not know for sure. I downloaded 3 records, and the other 2 records had different dates of entry (i.e later than August 1914) so I could rule them out. Just hoping I stuck lucky with the one above.

Still, I am a lot further ahead than I was in November when I got sent the photo - I didn't even know the regiment at that stage! Once again, my thanks to this forum for the assistance.

I will check out the "I'm going to the NA section" - thanks for the pointer.

Joe

• 10 years later...

I need help too is this his service years or his rank and i see his cap badge is diffrent though hes in the royal fusiliers trying to get info on what battalion or anything i can find out .

Would mean alot he was most likely stationed at dover.

post-128383-0-83719700-1464981624_thumb.

I thought that the only person to wear four stripes, the 'right' way up, was the Garrison RSM of the guards division? And a very impressive, (heavy too), badge it is.

Trev

see my post on the other thread.

Badges on sleeve not Rank badges but Good Conduct badges awarded to Privates and Lance Corporals. the chap is a private,

bill