Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A really wierd request

Dan Morton

I'm looking for as many good clear close-up photos as possible of the great character actor, craggy-faced Louis Wollheim, who played "Kat" in the academy award winning "All Quiet on the Western Front", opposite Lew Ayers as the lead. I've searched the web as carefully as I know and have come up with 'nada'. Help!

All the best,

Dan

Dan,

not sure if you spelt his name right in your search.

I got these?

0e8427ea.gif3e52d42c.jpg

658b5f82.jpg

Dave.

I find when searching the web it helps to enter the correct data

WOLHEIM

Might make a difference

If you search on "Louis Wolheim" (one l ) in Google Images* you get loads of pictures.

HTH.

Gwyn

* not just a simple Google web search - click on the Images tab at the top of the Google home page

Rats! Wolheim, not Wollheim! :angry: I'm an idiot, what can I say?

Anyways, I think he has a great face and would like to do a miniature of his head...

All the best,

Dan

Dan,

Do you have what you need? If not I can make screen captures from the "All's Quiet..." DVD for you. I agree with you he has a great face. I've read his nose got flattened while boxing, and despite his "New York cabbie" appearance he was quite a cultivated fellow.

Paul

Paul: Many thanks. I ordered the movie, not just because I need to see Mr. Wolheim's face! :)

If you want to send one or two screen shots, I certainly won't say no. I've learned the hard way that I rarely have enough reference photos for any subject. Thank you for the kind offer! PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address.

All the best,

Dan

what can I say?

That there was something useful among the hundreds on Google Images, perhaps, or that Dave's finds were helpful?

Gwyn

Yes, I found a number of images of Mr. Wolheim and started working on a conversion from a similar cast head. Thanks to everyone who helped!!!

All the best,

Dan