Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Martime Site

Jonathan Saunders

I realise this is a primarily Western Front/Army site but I hope not to incur the wrath of Chris by recommending a maritme site to any of you interested in the nautical side of the war. This was the former UKANS site which has recently changed to the address shown here:

http://www.gwpda.org/naval/n0000000.htm

In my opinion it is the foremost Naval First World War site around - please do look at our HMS VANGUARD pages (of which there are several) and to which I have made some contributions. If you find the site of interest do bookmark as it is constantly being uodated with new material.

Apologies to Chris although in my defence I recommend this site to all the Naval enthusiasts I know, so it does evens out!

No need to apologise for giving us access to more info. on the senior service. After all they fought like tigers in their trenches and kept their traditions proudly going. I for one look forward to lightening my darkness on naval matters with the website.

Although the www.1914-1918.net site is about the British Army, the forum was deliberately called the Great War Discussion Forum. It is certainly not restricted to one theatre, one arm of the service or one belligerent nation! Thanks for that excellent link.