Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WARLINCOURT HALTE MILITARY CEMETERY

fritz

Hello,

is there anyone who can help me in my research for Ernst Meyer.

It is proved that Musketier Ernst Meyer, Schleswig-Holsteinisches Infanterieregiment 163, born 23.02.1897 at Visselhövede (Hannover, now Niedersachsen), died 13.04.1917 English C.C.S. France, is buried at Saulty (Warlincourt-Halte British Military Cemetery) Block 7, Reihe D, Grab 15.

Would be very thankful for a pic of his grave.

Kind regards

Fritz

Hello Bob,

brilliant! Hoped to be succesful in this forum but surprised about the high speed reply. Thank you for your kind readiness.

Ernst was a comrade of my grandfather. They both were in the 2nd company of I.R. 163. At 9th april 1917 when the battle of Arras started they were together in the second line of Hindenburg-line just northern of Neuville-Vitasse. At the same day my grandfather was captured and Ernst wounded.

I`ll send you a P.M. with my email-address in order to get the best quality of your pic.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Fritz

Hi Fritz + Elena

I will be passing too at Easter so I will also take a few shots in case Bob has any problems. Remember Fritz, I will be at the house for a week or so if you need anything else.

Jim

Hello Jim,

I am very glad about your reply. Thank you for your offer but I think Bob will manage it.

Did not have the courage to beg you for this pic, because this place is not near your home. I am very thankful for your excellent pics of Neuville and hope you remember for my desire of a photo of the windmill-hill.

But if you should come in the near of Proyart and you have your camera with you I would be happy for a photo of the grave of Vizefeldwebel Karl Möhl who is buried there at Deutscher Soldatenfriedhof Proyart. You know his story.

Vzfld. Möhl, Karl 28.10.1896 Krieselgath Gef. 09.04.1917 Neuville-Vitasse Proyart Block 2 Grab 439

Kind regards

Fritz

Fritz,

I can also get Mohl for you if you wish. Can you confirm, though please, that the cemetery is at Proyart near Bray-sur-Somme, not at Neuville Vitasse near Arras?

Joanne,

I will do yours, too,

Bob

Bob

He will be in Proyart near Bray-sur Somme. The Neuville-Vitasse in Fritz's post is part of his inscription, i.e. he fell at there on 09.04.17. Interesting that he is there and not in Neuville St Vaast.

Jim

Hello Bob, hello Jim,

so it is, near Bray-sur-Somme, between Amiens and Peronne. Why he is there cannot answered without any speculation. The Regimental History recorded his death 9.4.1917, so told my grandfather who saw him fall. Volksbund registered his death 18.4.1917. What had happened?

http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&tab=wl

This link give any informations about Proyart.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Kind regards

Fritz