Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

In your honest opinion........

mikebriggs

Dear all

The two images on the left are of Pioneer Serjeant Beard of the 1/6th Battn Notts and Derby and taken at one of the Annnual Camps c1908-1913

Is the man on the right the same....but a bit older....and no longer Pioneer Sergt? Honest opinions please ;)

post-4619-1205052559.jpgpost-4619-1205052582.jpgpost-4619-1205052618.jpg

Guest KevinEndon

NO, look at the laughter lines and the dimple on the first two photos and missing on the third. The face would show them more on the slimmer 3rd face. The ear is different and no 3's chin is more rounded. 2 very similar looking chaps but not the same.

What are the stars on the 3rds sleeve.

Kevin

I would say that the man on the right is the same, just older and more worn. Kevin, don't you think that the laughter lines could be down to expression?

Llew.

He has really rather distinctive ears. The one onthe right certainly matches the one on the left (pictures not ears) in my opinion.

Steve.

Mike,

I reckon the photos are of the same man. As Stebie says, the ears are distinctive.

It was the ears that did it for me also, the 2 smaller pics look as f they were taken at a later date,

cheers, Jon

The photo in the middle is round the wrong way, the gubbins on his sleeve is actually on his right sleeve.

Mick

dear all

Thank you for your responses. I too was pretty confident it was the same man.............but then I've just looked at the man stood behind him and...... :blush: .

is this a better match?

p.s. Mick's right; I reversed the picture to get same face profile

post-4619-1205076877.jpgpost-4619-1205076929.jpg

(perhaps they're brothers :rolleyes: )

I've also looked through his service record and he served as Pnr Sergeant from 1908 to 1914

post-4619-1205077365.jpg

Do you reckon he ran around from one end of the photo to the other whilst the camera was panning?!

Steve.

• 2 years later...

Same man for me...it's all in the eyes!!!!

Yep I would say no doubt same man

MC