Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gt-Gt Uncle in Canadian Expeditionary Force

mazzie74

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what information I can find out regarding my Gt-Gt Uncle - Henry James Jones, who was with the Canadian Expeditionary Foce in WWI.

I have his attestation papers, which only gives me his no. (106322), and his date and place of birth (4th Feb 1886 - London, England), and the fact that he signed up in 1914.

I don't even know which regiment he was attached to.

Is there any other information that can be found about Henry's service?

Thanks in advance,

Darin, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England.

Darin

I assume you got the attestation papers for him from the Canadian Archives online service, (link is Here)

They also have a service where you can order the complete Service Record, there is a link entitled "How to consult a file on-site or order a copy of the complete file" accessed from the Attestation pages at the link I posted above.

Hope this helps.

Steve

You can order his entire service file by sending the following information

Name: JONES, HENRY JAMES

Regimental number(s): 106322

Reference: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 4940 - 40

to

Library and Archives Canada

395 Wellington Street

Ottawa, ON K1A 0N4

CANADA

You will need to give them credit card info (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) that is number and name on card as well as expiry date. The cost will be approximately $40 Canadian and take about 6 weeks for delivery.

It will contain all the units he served with, all medical records and pay records.

Good luck.

Hi,

His number 106322 falls with in the number block for the 1st Battalion, Canadian Mounted Rifles 106051 - 107050.

Regards Mark

Since the 1st C.M.R. served in France with the 3rd Canadian Division he probably served with his original unit, although transfers did happen.