Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

NoVa Book Group

andigger

Just a reminder if there is anyone out there in the Northern Va/DC Metro area, this month we are reading and discussing Georges Blond's The Marne. Our meeting date is 26 Feb at the Barnes and Noble in Clarendon. Please contact me directly if you have any questions. Andy

Andy,

I have a couple of questions you could bring up regarding this book. Firstly what is the origins of the pictures and the captions that go with them. If you look carefully there is one of Haig that the caption says is Wilson!

Two look closely and you will see that Haig is wearing a holster!! Ready for action?

regards

Arm.

Arm...

Thanks for bringing this up... I followed the previous post about the pictures and captions. I have to admit that the mis identification and the holster would have been things I would more than likely have over looked.

I will bring them up though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to anyone out there, who is also in the DC area. Our book group is meeting next Thurs (2/26), and the notes will be posted the morning after. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great group last night, probably the largest in a while. We had a lively discussion about Plan XVII and the Schlieffen Plan and the myth vs reality of the Paris Taxi campaign.

As requested last month, the notes from the discussion are attached. Next month we are reading, To Win A War. Andy

The_Marne.doc