Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Captain Francis Dodgson.

Bob Coulson

• Admin

Charles did Toby represent Marlborough at cricket? If so his name will also be on the first X1 boards in the pavilion. I have a photo somewhere of Toby and Guys original crosses in Sailsbury Cathedral, I probably posted them here some time ago.

Found them!

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...sbury+Cathedral

Regards, Michelle

Thanks for that Michelle - looks like I missed that thread first time round. I don't think he was 1st XI material, but I could be wrong. He didn't play cricket for Trinity as far as I know, but he did play tennis.

• Admin

I'm unlikely to be there again this year but I will look next time I go.

Regards, Michelle

• 11 months later...

Just giving this thread its annual outing.... remembering Captain Dodgson and all ranks of 69 Brigade killed at Contalmaison 93 years ago today. Also remembering the late Bob Coulson, Yorkshire Regiment expert and originator of this thread. RIP.

• Admin

I visited Toby on July 1st this year; his grave was as always beautifully cared for.

Michelle

post-230-1247402771.jpg

Thank you Michelle, I am very touched, esp as I haven't made it there so far this year.

Charles

• 1 year later...

Remembering Capt Dodgson and the other men of 8th Yorks and 23rd Division who died 95 years ago today.

• 8 months later...

Captain Dodgson's life, death and commemoration are described in my newly published book. Please see the link in my signature.

Charles

• 3 months later...

Remembering Capt Dodgson and those men of 8 Yorkshires and 23rd Division who took part in the capture of Contalmaison 96 years ago today.

Charles