Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Somerset Light Infantry.

chrislock

This year, I have been visiting many SLI soldiers graves around the Ypres Salient. There are many from most Battalions. I had the pleasure of spending time with Brendon Moorehouse earlier in the year. He is the author of "Forged by fire" This book is dedicated to the 7th Battalion. If any member has an interest in SLI burials. Please pm me their details and if buried or commemorated here, I may have that soldiers headstone photo. If not, I will most certainly do my best to aquire it for you!

Best regards, Chris.

Being another 7th SLI "follower" I managed to photo all the SLI graves (all killed on September 16th) at the Guards Cemetary near Les Boeufs and at La Neuville Cemetary in Corbie should this be of any use to anybody.

Regards

Chris

• 4 months later...
This year, I have been visiting many SLI soldiers graves around the Ypres Salient. There are many from most Battalions. I had the pleasure of spending time with Brendon Moorehouse earlier in the year. He is the author of "Forged by fire" This book is dedicated to the 7th Battalion. If any member has an interest in SLI burials. Please pm me their details and if buried or commemorated here, I may have that soldiers headstone photo. If not, I will most certainly do my best to aquire it for you!

Best regards, Chris.

I also have an interest in the SLI, mine being centred on casualties from YEOVIL and surrounding villages. I have visited many cemeteries containing SLI dead and taken general photos as well as individual ones of local casualties. Glad to see that I am not the only person who has an interest in SLI graves.

regards Nick