Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Map Request Please

Mark Foxe

I am eager to get hold of the portions of 36 NW 2 & NE 1 of Houplines 10 January 1917 that show in particular boxes 22, 23, 28 & 29.

Thanks in anticipation of someone possessing it.

Mark

Thank you Len and John for the fantastic attachments.

Len - your attachment is great because it highlights the area just a little north to the area of my interest, and the most northern extremity of the 3rd Australian Division boundary during the period Dec 16 to Mar 17. Something I have never really had a chance to have a good look at before. Could I trouble you for the snapshot of the area just below what you've provided, in particular showing the Pont Ballot area (boxes 28 & 29)?

John - Spot on! Your map is great because it highlights for me for the first time the locations and names of the railways and tramlines, and importantly their names, at a time not too long after the 3rd Australian Division had taken over this sector of the front. I am looking to order from the WFA a copy of Houplines 10 January 1917 (36 NW 2 & NE 1), so it will be interesting to compare the detail.

Great stuff - I am impressed, and thanks heaps again.

Mark

Great stuff. Thanks John.

Could you tell me whether in square 21, "Tissage Dump" is shown? I can see in square 22 what appears to be "MacArthur Dump". Tissage Dump was close to that area.

Regards,

Mark

John,

Thank you. This latest map answers some questions for me, particularly the location of Tissage Dump (I always thought it was where 22c is typed on the latest map), but the fact that Gloucester Avenue and Spain Avenue intersects so close to the dump helps me out immensely.

Great stuff.

Thanks again,

Mark