Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ramleh

deaconhp

I read that there is a forum member that may live near Ramleh and sometimes visits. I would very much appreciate a photo of the memorial to William Preacher 1/4th KOSB killed 13/11/1917. He is buried at O 43 based on information from the CWGC. Regards Hugh

Hi Hugh,

I can help you with the headstone photo if you haven't already got something sorted out. I would be very interested to know if you have a photo of William or his brother (I presume), James, who enlisted with him in December 1915.

Stuart

Hi Hugh,

I can help you with the headstone photo if you haven't already got something sorted out. I would be very interested to know if you have a photo of William or his brother (I presume), James, who enlisted with him in December 1915.

Stuart

Excuse me for butting in, but would it be possible to get help from anyone with getting a photo of the headstone of Pte. BJ Noot of the Wiltshires (below, taken in 1914 when he was with the RAMC). He was buried in Ramleh in late October 1918, having died of a malaria attack. About 20 years ago his late sister showed me a photo of it she had taken when she visited Ramleh in the 1960s, but that photo's long gone. I am slowly putting together the story of his experiences between 1914-1918 based on his letters and other family papers and a photo of his grave would be invaluable to my project.

post-21820-1201909022.jpg

.... would it be possible to get help from anyone with getting a photo of the headstone of Pte. BJ Noot of the Wiltshires

Hi Paul,

I'm afraid I can't help with the photo of Pte. Noot's grave – I only have KOSB headstone photos from Ramleh. I hope that someone based in the area will be able to help with your request.

All the best,

Stuart