Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SWH

benson

The ribbon is old but I don't know if its original, it seems to be ordinary normal silk ribbon. I know the ladies wore a length of tartan ribbon in a 'fan' behind variations on a theme of the Scottish Thistle on a Saltire as a hat badge but I didn't think it was this one

Dave

post-10412-1201561257.jpgpost-10412-1201561298.jpg

Many thanks for that, I'll try and rearange it to make it look a little nicer, wouldn't have a clue where to look for a replacement length

Dave.

After the initial batch for ribboning the medals as issued, I don't think it was ever made again. All the examples I have seen of this medal have the same ribbon but very worn as yours. In 40 odd years I have never seen any new iboon for sale.

One off job I think.

Norman

Norman

Once again many thanks for that, would you know the details of issue? was it one for all or as an award on an individual basis

Dave.

Not sure whether it was a general issue or supplied to those wanting in on payment. Suspect the latter as I have had a number of SWH groups in my time but only one had the SWH medal with it.

Norman

Norman

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge, I have only read one book on these remarkable ladies (Monica Kripner) I must find some more

Dave.