Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Operatioanl Maps of battle of Estaires 1918

DavidMillichope

Can anyone help me with the locations of RE and RGA units on April 9 1918 in and around Estaires.

Ideally I need sight of MAPS 13,14,15 from Vol 11 1918, that accompany the Official History of the Great War : Belgium and France : Maps

I've tried purchasing the CD published by Naval and Military press but it is no longer available. I've also visited Accrington Library which has the full set of volumes but frustratingly those maps appear to be missing.

Thanks in anticipation

David, dug out my official history had a look at the maps you mentioned, unfortunatley no mention of artillery units only infantry, however i will find my copy of the 5th battalion Durham light infantry as they are shown as being in the vicinity april 1918.

regards John

This is a bit of a cheek, I know, and I've no wish to hijack David's thread, but if anyone is looking at maps of the Estaires area for 1918 in relation to this topic, and sees a feature known as "Junction Post" I'd be very grateful for its location. Its in connection with research I'm doing into Captain Eric Harvey, 2/5th Gloucesters, and brother of the war poet F W Harvey.

Many thanks (and apologies to David),

Bob.