Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench map extract(s) request

CROONAERT

Has anyone got a trenchmap extract that they could email or post on here for me that covers the Lorette Spur at some time between April and mid-September 1915 please? Also looking for a trenchmap showing the area north of Boesinge (Het Sas/Lizerne/Steenstraat to be specific) for a similar date (pre-July 1915).

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Thanks anyway John.

I've a couple earlier than that (Feb 1916 and (late) Sept 1915), but both of these are too late (and ,therefore, too different) for my needs.

Cheers.

dave

BTT.

Anyone?

Dave

• 1 year later...

Old request, but I've failed to find what I'm after for over a year now....anyone else come across any in the past year?

cheers.

Dave.

Hi Dave, I remember taking a photograph of a map that hangs in the small museum at Notre Dame de Lorette a few years ago. I don't have any information on this map if in fact it is genuine or one that was made up for the trenches in the compound at the rear of the museum.

I'll be Lorrete again in a months time so will pop in and see what map info there might be available there mate....

regards

Tom

This is what I meant by the map at Notre Dame de Lorette Dave, poor photo, but could'nt do any better under the circumstances

Tom

post-5284-1235498436.jpg

Thanks for that Tom. It's not quite what I was looking for (an "official" trenchmap published at the time), but I can see that it would certainly be of some use. I think i'll take a closer look next time I'm there (possibly in a week or so).

Cheers again.

dave.

I've come across a French site with some maps from 1915 for Notre dame de Lorrete area Dave..unfortunately these are only "thumbnail" size, here's the link...

http://vlecalvez.free.fr/notredamedelorett...besdu28eri.html

The contact address for the site owner is below..maybe an e-mail to that gentleman might bring results

<vincelecalvez@yahoo.fr>

regards

Tom