Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

FRITH HILL POW CAMP

303man

I have a series of postcards of the Frith Hill POW Camp near Deepcut Surrey do any members know the rough center of the POW Camp. Frith Hill is on the map but it is hard to try and detirmine an idea of the camps position there. I would like to take some pictures before I fear the area becomes Housing once Deepcut Camp is sold off, as I expect the ajoining training area where Frith Hill is located will not be required either.

I have a series of postcards of the Frith Hill POW Camp near Deepcut Surrey do any members know the rough center of the POW Camp. Frith Hill is on the map but it is hard to try and detirmine an idea of the camps position there. I would like to take some pictures before I fear the area becomes Housing once Deepcut Camp is sold off, as I expect the ajoining training area where Frith Hill is located will not be required either.

There is a good account of Frith Hill in the recently published book 'Prisoners of War in British Hands in WW1' by Graham Mark. I could send you a photocopy if this would help

fairhaven

303man

Suggest you send a pm to themonsstar (Roy I hope you don't mind) ;)

He has done a lot of research on this camp & recently I accompanied him and another forum member on a walk around the area where it once stood. Not that there are any remains of the camp left.

Andy

• 9 months later...

Hi ... I'm new to the Forum and am researching some areas of what remains from the WW1 era in Surrey. Postcards etc of the various camps etc would certainly help me in that. I don't know if you have access to a scanner, but copies of some (or all!) of your collection would be really useful to me. Is this at all possible? Many thanks!