Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

42nd C.C.S at Aubigny

owner1

It's a fair bit out of the way of Ypres - it's behind Arras (my Great-Uncle died at 42 C.C.S.). I would tend towards No.

Steve.

QUOTE (alan b @ Dec 28 2007, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A member of my family was a patient at the 42nd Casualty Clearing Station at Aubigny October 1917.

Would soldiers wounded at Passchendaele be taken to this CCS ?

In the Medical Services Official History it gives details of the 21 CCS's allocated to take 'wounded' for the period 31st July to 16th November 1917....No 42 not included on the list. If your man went to 42 it is likely he was just wounded in 'line holding' in that area. What unit was he with?

If you know this you could most likely find out exactly where he was serving using that unit's war diary. But it would appear unlikely he was involved in Thid Ypres.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

1st Division, after the Dunes disaster were ensconced in "quarantine" at Le Clipon camp secretly planning an amphibious landing until late October 1917, thereafter they moved to the region of Poperinghe and thus onto Poelcapelle, east of Ypres.

I'm not sure on 49th Division, but it looks like they were at Poelcapelle at that time, also.

Steve.