Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nurse O. Jenkins

Guest tafski

Not a lot to go on but has anybody any information on Nurse O Jenkins of Queen Marys Army Auxiilary Corp, info i have so far commerated on the park gates war memorial pontypool this is all i have at present would appreciate any further info

cheers in advance

tafski

tafski

I have no reference on either my WWI or WW2 lists for a Nurse O. Jenkins or indeed an O. Jenkins, QMAAC. However if she was a QMAAC her rank would not be nurse more likely Worker. The possibility is that she was a civilian nurse who, for whatever rerason, joined QMAAC and whoever provided the information for the memorial inscription quoted her as a nurse, just a thought!

Would appreciate a photo of the memorial and if anything turns up will let you know.

Seasons greetings,

Best wishes

Tony

tafski

I have no reference on either my WWI or WW2 lists for a Nurse O. Jenkins or indeed an O. Jenkins, QMAAC. However if she was a QMAAC her rank would not be nurse more likely Worker. The possibility is that she was a civilian nurse who, for whatever rerason, joined QMAAC and whoever provided the information for the memorial inscription quoted her as a nurse, just a thought!

Would appreciate a photo of the memorial and if anything turns up will let you know.

Seasons greetings,

Best wishes

Tony

cheers tony

lets get xmas over and i will do a pic of the park gates memorial maybe best ifye pm just incase i forget

cheers have a great xmas

tafski

Not a lot to go on but has anybody any information on Nurse O Jenkins of Queen Marys Army Auxiilary Corp, info i have so far commerated on the park gates war memorial pontypool this is all i have at present would appreciate any further info

cheers in advance

tafski

Not a casualty (99.9% certain) so I guess that she was one who is commemorated as having served and from the area.

• 2 weeks later...

DaveNich of this forum has advised me that this woman's name is also on a memorial tablet in Merchant’s Hill Baptist Church, Pontypool as Voluntary Aid Detachment. I have searched the MICs both for Jenkins and Jenkin to no avail. This is a curious one as her name is not listed with the CWGC or her name on the York Minster panels. As a VAD she could be male or female so it is with interest I await Tafski's visit to the gates to see if it says QMAAC there.