Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

113th Heavy Battery Royal Garisson Artillery

tomfoster1985

I have a reference code for the location of this particular battery at the end of oct 1917 but have no idea as to how to apply it to a map, nor do I know which particular map I should apply it to. There are two ref numbers (i presume as the battery had two sections) here they are;

I 28 C 9 4 then a 4 circled

I 23 d 48 65 then a 2 circled

if anybody can help me apply this to a map or point me in the direction of an easier way to trace their movements at this stage of the battle of passchendale then any pointers would be most appreciated.

I'm looking for any mention of Captain Frederick Charles Crouch (may also have been referred to as a major or lieutenant) he was in command of the 113th HB royal garrison artillery when he was killed on 2/11/1917.

Thanks.

I have a reference code for the location of this particular battery at the end of oct 1917 but have no idea as to how to apply it to a map, nor do I know which particular map I should apply it to. There are two ref numbers (i presume as the battery had two sections) here they are;

I 28 C 9 4 then a 4 circled

I 23 d 48 65 then a 2 circled

if anybody can help me apply this to a map or point me in the direction of an easier way to trace their movements at this stage of the battle of passchendale then any pointers would be most appreciated.

I'm looking for any mention of Captain Frederick Charles Crouch (may also have been referred to as a major or lieutenant) he was in command of the 113th HB royal garrison artillery when he was killed on 2/11/1917.

Thanks.

I know that they are located around Passchendale - St Eloi as of the end of October 1917. They are a heavy battery as well so presumably they would be stationed quite far away from the front. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

See attached maps there are two the map sheet numbers are printed on them.

John

post-1365-1198254198.jpg

post-1365-1198254224.jpg