Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hooge Trench map Mar 1916

djcrtoye

Has any pal have or know where to get this trench map Hooge (PART OF SHEET 28 Belgium, France) second edition 1/10000. As it has position of Scots Guards in the last week in March. Thanks.

Have you looked on Croonaert's website Paths of Glory? Lots of trench-map scans there, and a quick check shows one from April 1916 for Hooge (although it's right on the northern edge of the map.

Link is http://www.pathsofglory.co.uk/Trenchmap%20extracts%202.htm

Alan

Thanks for that have a look any way. Thanks.

If you give me an email address in a PM I can send you a closer view of Hooge dated 160416 (too big to attach here and smaller jpeg would spoil image.) I've not seen a March version of this area.

Jim

Has any pal have or know where to get this trench map Hooge (PART OF SHEET 28 Belgium, France) second edition 1/10000. As it has position of Scots Guards in the last week in March. Thanks.

I can post parts from LinesMan of the :

Edition of 23-12-1915 (Second Edition)

or the edition of 16-04-1916. (Marked Sheet 5)

or the edition of 23-07-1917 (Also marked Second Edition)

If you can be more specific about the square, or place I can post a section.

the whole map is too big.

Guy

15th March 1916 (edition 3B )any good to you?

post-357-1197927059.jpg

Thanks to every one in replying. Guy could you post 16-04-16 if you have got the area which includes Duke Street as this is mentioned. I have visisted your web site Croonaert and viewed the maps there. Thanks for the map as it continues from the one I looked at last night. They all are very interesting,

Thanks to every one in replying. Guy could you post 16-04-16 if you have got the area which includes Duke Street as this is mentioned. I have visisted your web site Croonaert and viewed the maps there. Thanks for the map as it continues from the one I looked at last night. They all are very interesting,

OK

Duke Street. The only one for sheet 28 in Rats Alley is; at 28NW2 St Julien square 15 a,b

However this is a long way from Hooge, and I can't find it mentioned on a map in this location.

Here is Hooge 16-04-1916

post-12226-1198197349.jpg

Thanks to every one who replied. I want to wish every on a Merry Christmas and as we say in Scotland A Guid New Year.