Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AVC War Diary - 39 Mobile Veterinary Section

dee-jay

I posted the following on the wrong board on 27 Nov and, not surprisingly, I've had no replies concerning War Diaries:

Can SKS please advise which is the best format to purchase, i.e. paper copies by post or digital images to download from Documents Online? I am on broadband.

I've asked TNA today for an estimate for a complete diary and also just for the years 1918-1919, so if the cost for the former is prohibitive, I'll settle for the latter. Does anyone have an idea of what sort of sums I could be looking at? The estimates won't be available for about 10 days.

• 2 weeks later...
I've asked TNA today for an estimate for a complete diary and also just for the years 1918-1919, so if the cost for the former is prohibitive, I'll settle for the latter. Does anyone have an idea of what sort of sums I could be looking at? The estimates won't be available for about 10 days.

I've now received a quote of £187.60 for 67 units at £2.80 but I can't tell if this is for the full diary or for the section 1918-1919. In response to my query whether the estimate was for the former or the latter, TNA has responded: 'The estimator will have followed your instructions and sent you an estimate of the amount of pages involved and the cost. I can see nothing on the estimate to indicate that he has not followed your instructions.'

As I have no prior experience of war diaries, can anyone on this forum please advise whether this is likely to be a quote for the whole diary or just a section?

• 6 years later...

It's hard to believe that 6 years(!) have elapsed since I first raised this subject, and I now find that this War Diary has been digitized - all 188 pages - and is available for download [51MB] for only £3.36! Everything comes to s/he who waits .....