Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial Websites

Ice Tiger

Andy

My website for Buckinghamshire is in my signature.

It's a great idea - one that's been at the back of my mind for some time, as I regularly keep discovering new sites. Has anyone thought about a national index of names on War Memorials - created from all the local websites?

I'm not offering but I can see that it would be of great use.

June

If you would like to add mine

www.tunsilk.co.uk

Thanks

David

Hello Andy,

I've got those from New Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland at www.newcumnock-warmemorials.org.uk

Cheers, Richard

I do not have a website, and do not have the skill or inclination to set one up, but I researched the names on the Book of Remembrance and the (indoor) wall memorial at St Anne's Church in Aigburth, Liverpool. The two lists appear to have been compiled without cross-referencing: the Book has some 80 names and the plaque 145, a few of whom cannot be identified with any certainty. As most researchers have found, there are many faults in initials, ranks, units and even surnames.

I should like to be able to make my findings available to anyone researching, as I have done for the National Inventory of War memorials. Suggestions will be welcomed as to how I can do this via the Forum.

Daggers

Go to the Roll of Honour site thru my signature

Chris

Ladies Gentlemen, pals one & all.

Thanks for all the posts with your websites, there is some great work here!

I am away on my holiday now until 22December so will add the links to my website after Christmas.

Does anyone know of any Great War related locations in the Caribbean? If you do please pm me, just don't tell Mrs Ice Tiger :lol:

Andy

Thanks Terry

Tortola

St Kitts

Barbados

St Lucia

St Thomas

Andy

Thanks to a mass of problems (involving both computer and web site) which have resulted in my having to rebuild my site, I've only just begun to focus on this thread again. I've now fully restored the War Memorials pages on Reminiscene and have started to add links to the established War Memorials sites mentioned on this thread.

If anybody knows of any more sites worthy of a link please email me (address below) and I'll add them. Similarly, if you have the names of those commemorated on your local memorials, please email them to me and I will add them to Reminiscene.

Just in case anybody is wondering, I'm not trying to take over the work of the UKIWM or anybody else working on similar projects. I just think that the more we can publicise War Memorials and their respective sites, the less chance there is of forgetting those who died in the Great War (and other wars).

I have a few on my site from around where i live if it is of any use. And if you don't mind, Ill link to your site too as the info is always useful to someone visiting the site!....

Thanks, Steve. I'll add these just as soon as I can. Thanks also for the offer of a link. The more the merrier, I say!

Hello Andy

Myself and my brother Dave have the one in my signature

Andy

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Pals

Thanks for all the replies on this thread. Some great sites!

Mrs Ice Tiger & I are now back from our hols and the links will be added to my Addlestone Great War Dead site as soon as Christmas allows.

Thanks again

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine Andy: www.chailey1914-1918.net

Good luck with your research.

• 4 weeks later...