Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

10th Batt East Yorks

domwalsh

Hi,

A friend is looking to research a relative who was killed 13 Nov 1916. He was Private Tom Scott Brumby from Hull who according to his medal card was originally number 1129 then re-enlisted as 28037. I've found his attestation docs etc at NA, but wondering if there are any regimental records, photos, local newspapers that might have something on him. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dom

Dom,

Was he Attested into the 4th Battalion first?, his numbers look like he was released time expired then conscripted/Derby man. 13/11/1916 (Battle of the Ancre) the 10th Bn was in reserve in Vercingetorix Trench near Jean Bart Trench (57dNE3&4 Hebuterne K22 a,c 28 a). 7 men died that day the Battalion not involved with the attack. There is no mention in the 10th Battalion History or the EYR in the great war.

Regards Charles

Thanks Charles. He certainly was conscripted after refusing to re-sign when his time expired, and you're right about 4th being his original battalion.

Cheers,

Dom

• 2 months later...
Guest gingerrodgers
Hi,

A friend is looking to research a relative who was killed 13 Nov 1916. He was Private Tom Scott Brumby from Hull who according to his medal card was originally number 1129 then re-enlisted as 28037. I've found his attestation docs etc at NA, but wondering if there are any regimental records, photos, local newspapers that might have something on him. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dom

Hi Dom

Tom Scott Brumby was the first husband of my grandma Annie Sykes we are researching our family tree and obviously Tom is involved in that. I would be interested to find out what information your friend has and what relation they are to Tom. You can either contact me via this site or by my email address of suemsykes@hotmail.com.

Look forward to hearing from you.