Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The 54th Infantry Brigade 1914-1918

Guest Guard 1

Guest Simon Bull

Guard,

I would be very interested in any information contained in the History of the Brigade about the role of the 6th Battalion Northamptonshire Regiment at the Battle of Boom Ravine on or about the 17th of February 1917.

Simon Bull.

Hi Simon,

Yes there is quite a lot in the book on the battle of Boom Ravine. To much to write if you want to email me with your address I will photo copy the pages and post them to you.

There are quite a lot of soldiers mentioned by name for gallant deeds and good conduct. If its a perticular soldier your after I can have a look for you.

All the best Rowland.

rowlandshaw@hotmail.com

• 4 months later...

Hi Martin

Am very interested in the 7th Beds Regmnt and would appreciate a specific look up if you have the time? And if its not too specific of course!

Can only pinpoint 1 action at the mo, as am still trying to ID when the man Im looking at moved from the 5th to the 7th. Its Operation Michael from 23 Mar 1918 (Pvt Herbert Kendall 200570, was KIA 23/03/1918 serving in the 7th). Around Failleoul, Nr St Quentin.

Cheers

Steve

Simon,

The action is well covered in the Battleground Europe "Boom Ravine" and I believe there are references in "The Glorious Sixth".

The Ravine is straightforward to walk having been cleared during April last year, previously having been overgrown. There was enough visible on the ground to be able to identify the progressive phases of the barrage.

If you ask around at your local WFA branch I think there is someone who may have an original barrage map.

Martin