Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fr Jerome Walsh OFM

liverpool annie

I am trying to find information on a Franciscan Chaplain

Fr Jerome Walsh OFM

I have nothing ..... and of course his first name was changed when he professed !

but I'm having a real hard time finding him

I'd appreciate any help !

Annie :)

OK ! I found this ..... anything else anybody can add would be wonderful !

I can't find a medal card in either name

Captain Jerome Walsh - Disembarked 24 Sep. 1919 - Theatre of War, France - Catholic Chaplain. Ref. Public Record Office (WO 374/71550). He was in the Franciscan Order of priests and Jerome was his religious given name

He was born Timothy Walsh in 1878 at Coolaclarig, Listowel, County Kerry, Ireland

Thanking you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I have Father Jerome's service papers .... but I still can't find his medal card ..... I know there were 2 Rev J Walsh (s) one was in Eygpt and one in France .... I want the one in France ..... but I'm struggling .... could somebody please see it with fresh eyes ??

Thanking you in advance !

If he disembarked in France in 1919 he wouldn't have qualified for any medals, hence no MIC.

It was still a theatre of war, but the medal cut-off was the Armistice, not the Peace.

Might be only four - I suspect that Rev. B.J. Walsh and Rev. Bernard Thomas Walsh might be the same man, given the possibility of reading a T as a J.

Thanks A ! ..... ^_^

I don't know how you do it with all the men you look for ...... there really isn't too much in his service papers !!!