Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Guidlines to Naval Historical Branch

Neil Clark

What about Geoff501 for techie backup and general I.T and database Consultancy? :D

If it was my decision Chris You'd be the flippin Director! :lol:

Neil

I prefer to be one of the foot soldiers as that way you get to work at the coal face

Chris

I dont understand all the comments about the difficulty in obtaining informationfrom the MOD. All you have to do is either walk into one of their offices and pick up all the memory sticks you see and walk about. Alternatively travel by train and sooner or later one of them will leave his laptop on the seat. :ph34r:

:P:D:lol:

Never used to happen on my watch either - documents were so tightly controlled then with everything having to be signed for - access to secure areas could be enforced at the point of a gun - this is what happens when you allow your support services to be civilianised - however that is not the point of this thread

Chris

however that is not the point of this thread

Chris

But Hey Who cares..... I think I've already made my point(s) :D

Won't be signing on for a week or so, off on work assignment to Madeira. I will try get your pics in Funchal Chris.

Neil

JCCC

If this link says that historic casualties are being dealt with by a Joint Service unit why are we still having problems with NHB etc

Chris

Hi Chris,

It doesn't read to me that the JCCC is involved in processing CWGC non-commemoration submissions. It appears that they only advise the CWGC on 'claims from members of the public suggesting identities for bodies buried as “Unknown Soldiers, Sailors or Airmen”.'

Stuart

Stuart

I stand corrected - however why arent they dealing with all historic casualties including the ones IFTC finds?

Chris

Chris,

I can't answer that one, sorry. However, I agree with the sentiments expressed in various other threads. A centralised body covering all branches of the service would surely be a better way forward, especially if it actually had a real interest in doing the job which, on the basis of other posts, the NHB clearly has not.

Stuart