Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ramsey (Parkeston)

Boreenatra

Do you mean in Essex?

There is one at Upper Dovercourt between Ramsey and Parkston.

Off Main Road (B1352)

There is another at The Vineway further east.

Steve

Harwich & Dovercourt Cemeteries are actually 2 separate places - Harwich Cemetery is behind the High St in Dovercourt whereas Dovercourt Cemetery is up the road closer to Parkeston

Chris

• 3 months later...

An old thread and I hope I'm not confusing all here. Dovercourt is my old home town.

There is a cemetry in Ramsey, Harwich and two in Parkeston. There is also one in Dovercourt. Locals class the whole area as Harwich in general. The main Parkeston cemetry is in Parkeston itself near to the quayside and there is a smaller one up the hill. If you need me to look anything up feel free.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Baz..........Thanks for the offer. I did find them and photographed them. Confusing when Dovercourt Cemetery (as the signboard outside states) is the one CWGC calls Harwich Cemetery.

Regards Steve

Good to hear it Steve. Glad you found it.

Regards

Baz

• 13 years later...
On 29/10/2007 at 07:46, Boreenatra said:

Any one know the address of Ramsey (Parkeston) Cemetery. Regards Steve

I was adding an image of the memorial at Parkeston Cemetery on the IWM WMR a couple of days ago but I could not identify the exact location.  Often you can find them on Streetview or large scale maps but there is poor Streetview coverage.

I sent an EMail to the Memorial Hall but not had a reply to thought I try and get some local knowledge.

If you know the location then you can get the 10 digit NGR using

https://gridreferencefinder.com/#gr=TM2360932285|TM_s_23609_s_32285|1

That will take you to the original location at the church, drag to the cemetery and zoom in on the location then Right Click for the NGR.

1114403480_Clipboard01Parkeston.jpg.9b7e8542ef2266f903405c9950883775.jpg

You can get quite a precise NGR using that website.

Hello mbriscoe

Thanks for your post. The original post was to find out if anyone knew exactly where it was located as it was 140 mile round trip from where we were located at the other end of Essex and just wanted to know before we went where it might be. Eventually found it by asking someone local, which is always the best way. It was confusing even then but the area seems completely different now. As part of our Essex Commemoration Project we were looking for the graves of the Czech soldiers who were buried there. Looks like it is opposite Lidl now which wasn't there in 2007

Regards

Steve