Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tunnelling Projects

emz82

Hi Guys,

Really glad I found this forum...I'm sure my work is gonig to suffer now that I have found it and am likely to sit all day reading it. :blink:

My first post is to ask whether there are any projects around at the moment to do with Tunnellers that I could help with in any capacity.

I did my dissertation on the Tunnellers in the Great War a few years ago and I really want to get my hand back into it all.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emily

Hello Emily and welcome to the Forum.

Forum member Simon Jones is very interested in the Tunnellers so you may wish to get in touch with him.

Ken

Emily

A little bit off the point but have you seen the new book about the tunnellers of WW1. I didn't write down the name as I was browsing in W*********s and saw it,similar to "Under the Western Front". It seemed a comprehensive account,but then,with a dissertation behind you,maybe you wrote it !

Best wishes

Sotonmate

There's a group on the European WWI re-enactors forum that portray Royal Engineer Tunnellers of WWI, you can find them in the 'WWI Living History Groups' section down the page

http://europeanww1lh.forumup.be/index.php?...m=europeanww1lh

Cheers, Rob

A little bit off the point but have you seen the new book about the tunnellers of WW1. I didn't write down the name as I was browsing in W*********s and saw it,similar to "Under the Western Front". It seemed a comprehensive account,but then,with a dissertation behind you,maybe you wrote it !

I believe the book referred to is " Beneath Flanders Fields The Tunneller's War 1914 - 1918" An excellent read! I have an interest in Tunnelling as one of my relations served and was killed in the 170th Tunnelling Coy

• 1 year later...
Hi Guys,

Really glad I found this forum...I'm sure my work is gonig to suffer now that I have found it and am likely to sit all day reading it. :blink:

My first post is to ask whether there are any projects around at the moment to do with Tunnellers that I could help with in any capacity.

I did my dissertation on the Tunnellers in the Great War a few years ago and I really want to get my hand back into it all.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emily

Hi Emily. My grandfather, James Swain, was in the 177th Tunnelling Company. Do you have any info relating to where and when they operated? cHEERS, Garry