Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Headley Hall Airfield North Yorkshire

auchonvillerssomme

I passed this old airfield which is just off the A64, there appears to be a hanger and some old buildings....not many references on the web but they indicate that it was WW1. Does anyone have any other info?

Mick

Thanks for that...interesting american connection

Mick

Sounds to me like RFC Tadcaster which is on the left hand side on the A64 when travelling from the old Bramham Moor/ A1 crossroads (now transversed by a flyover) to Tadcaster.

I see that Wikipedia has confirmed it as such.

Hi Mick.

I know the site was used for a number of years by Leeds University for some research purposes, it would appear not so now.

There are a number of burials in Tadcaster Cemetery relating to units that were in occupation. See the following link to Havrincourt's Tadcaster War Memorials Website;

http://www.tadcaster-ww1-memorials.com/tadcastercemetery.htm

Regards,

Chris.

thanks chris. The hanger looks in very good condition, well from the road anyway. i've only ever stopped in Tadcaster a couple of time to eat at 'Singers' I will take a better look next time.

Mick

thanks chris. The hanger looks in very good condition, well from the road anyway. i've only ever stopped in Tadcaster a couple of time to eat at 'Singers' I will take a better look next time.

Mick