Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Service Record

saintconor

Hi,

I've recently got the service record to a man whos medals I own. I can make out the 1st 25 ships on the list but the final ship, and the 1 he spent most of the war I can make out. I think I have attached a copy of the record below. theship im trying to make out is the final one to albert mitchell

any help very much appreciated

conor

post-20146-1191697925.jpg

Hi,

I've recently got the service record to a man whos medals I own. I can make out the 1st 25 ships on the list but the final ship, and the 1 he spent most of the war I can make out. I think I have attached a copy of the record below. theship im trying to make out is the final one to albert mitchell

any help very much appreciated

conor

Hello conor

Can't be positive but it looks like DREEL CASTLE, which was the Auxiliary Patrol base at Falmouth.

Regards John

Thanks John.

You sound like you know your stuff. Is it usual for a the record to continue on the page of another sailor? i have seen a few but this is the first like this.

Conor

These ledgers were huge and sometimes even then men's ran over the alloted space. There were only limited blank pages, so when they ran out the continuation would be on the page of a less active man. There would be a cross reference on the original page to where to find the rest of the service.