Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

October MGWAT

Katie Elizabeth Stewart

Well done Katie. Love Soren's work. Can't wait.

Susan.

Will check emails when I get home...

Guest soren1916

Hi Guys,

I've sent mine to Katie, don't expect too much as I'm a bit outta practice with charcoal, and this is rather a large piece.......

Soren

Just got it now, but I don't know how to get the file to the right size! But, never fear, I'll get my brother the techno whizz onto it when he gets home in half an hour or so! The anticipation is increasing, I can sense it...

Will it work as an email link??

Here it is:

post-22504-1192829256.jpg

I'm outta practice!

yeah right :P ....

the poppy said it all for me, very poignant soren :D

cheers, Jon

nice one for posting Katie :D

Jon

A wonderful entry, the hatching is exquisite. The tonal value is that of a sepia photograph yet the work has an ethereal quality to it. This is going to sound stupid, but pals will recall that it Victorian times there was a widely held belief that the last image of a dying person was captured photographically in the eyes of the deceased. This is what this image reminds me of.

Soren

The king of the hatching returns using a bolder line but retaining the minimalistic touch that is his trademark. Excellent stuff.

Is there an emoticon for envious?

Soren, Well, well worth waiting for. It is top class as always. That poppy. Superb work. Nice to see you back....

Susan.

Obviously, I had a sneak preview, but I very much agree, and thought the poppy would be singled out for comment!

Btw, please may I have another essay extension? I am most contrite, but you see, I have my uni admissions test tomorrow and mock interview in a couple of days so am frantically trying to re-read every single book I have ever read in my life!

I have written ten stanzas of a kind of 'Ryme of the Ancyent Marinere' ish ballad, but I'm afraid it might be a bit weird and wonderful. Nevertheless, I will expose it to your several exacting eyes tomorrow if I get it finished, and if you let me post an entry that late!

Traditionally the person who sets the subject sets the poll, so you have a little bit of leeway to make a dramatic late entrance...but please note you "dog ate my homework" excuses are wearing thin :lol:

Dog must be writing the homework as there has been no response for a couple of days.

All right, all right! I would tell you my elaborate excuse, but you probably won't believe me! And besides, I don't have a clue how to set up the poll.