• Squirrel
    • Gunboat
    • Susan Hemmings
    • Landsturm
    • Michael Johnson
    • Ozzie
    • Katie Elizabeth Stewart

Still too shy to contribute to MGWAT :blush: ....one day...promise,

thanks to all who contributed, ya nearly had my vote Landsturm...

cheers, Jon

Still too shy to contribute to MGWAT ....one day...promise,

thanks to all who contributed, ya nearly had my vote Landsturm...

Don't be shy, we are always eager for new art.

And thanks for almost voting for me in a multi-choice poll :D

And thanks for almost voting for me in a multi-choice poll :D

Dont take it to heart Lands, remember Van Gogh wasn't appreciated in his day :lol:

Jon please do enter, the worst that can happen is you get some well thought out criticism, The best that can happen? You get a huge buzz for the rest of the day.

And what's your complaint, Lands - you've got twice the votes I do (I knew I should have voted for myself). Mutter mutter

:lol: Michael

I have oft pondered on that very thought! How many MGWATTERS vote for their own entry? Given how modest everyone is and how supportive they are to regular and new entrants. I willing to bet no one ever has voted for themself.

This topic has had 243 views and only 19 votes - does this indicate a certain lack of interest?

The other entries are too good to vote for yourself!

Maybe people need reminding that you can vote for a piece of poetry, an art piece and prose, so you can vote in all .

Pity more people don't take the time to vote if they read the work, their interest may help the contributors.

Cheers

Kim

Maybe people need reminding that you can vote for a piece of poetry, an art piece and prose, so you can vote in all .

I don't see that option. It just says "you have already voted in this poll". Perhaps this month's poll was set up differently?

I think the next phrase invented after don't shoot the messenger....is don't shoot the person who sets up the poll :lol:

Since the mulitple choice option was made available and discovered by Spike (come back mate we miss you)

It was recognised that theoretically you could vote for every entry but that would make a nonsense of the process so you could vote for your favourite in different categories or just make a multiple selection of your top three. Its really up to the person voting. Perhaps however I should have re-stated that....but I was so shocked and stunned by actually getting the poll up and running I clean forgot

And it is after all only a bit of fun :lol:

And it is after all only a bit of fun :lol:

That's what you think!

Today the MGWAT

Tomorrow The Man Booker Prize!

And you never know, there might be a few vintage modern classics publishers, or art gallery managers, hanging around the forum in disguise, seeking out the talent of the age!

And you never know, there might be a few vintage modern classics publishers, or art gallery managers, hanging around the forum in disguise, seeking out the talent of the age!

It'll be the young'uns like you Katie they'll be looking for - not old Colonial f*rts like me!

"The young, but very talented, Ms Stewart is currently pursuing [insert course] at [insert name of university]. Hailed by critics as the vanguard of the next generation of poets/writers [choose one] Katie draws her inspiration from what she describes as 'the great cataclysm that was the Great War - the greatest watershed in history."

And with that mysterious photograph that Katie uses, who could resist? :rolleyes:

It'll be the young'uns like you Katie they'll be looking for - not old Colonial f*rts like me!

"The young, but very talented, Ms Stewart is currently pursuing [insert course] at [insert name of university]. Hailed by critics as the vanguard of the next generation of poets/writers [choose one] Katie draws her inspiration from what she describes as 'the great cataclysm that was the Great War - the greatest watershed in history."

And with that mysterious photograph that Katie uses, who could resist? :rolleyes:

Michael, some of the things you said there are practically quoting the personal statement I wrote for uni! And what do you mean my 'mysterious photo'? It's quite simply me in sepia!!

Tomorrow The Man Booker Prize!

eeeeeerrrrmmmmm - Michael

I think you should correct the original to the "Person Booker Prize"..(you will have the PC police after you). For the record - I couldn't give a tuppeny tinkle.... :wub:

cough, cough, splutter......... :lol:

We now have a five way tie! Do these things just stay open, or is anyone ever declared the winner? And if so, does BBC2 cover the award ceremony?! :rolleyes:

I think you mean the "Person Booker Prize"..... (you will have the PC police after you).

It's called the Man Booker prize because its sponsor is ManGroup plc.

Just for interest... :)

Gwyn

This thread is definitely declining in popularity. Thought I would just add another post to it so that it catches the attention of other pals! Might possibly attract another vote or two...

That stirred them up, Katie!

That stirred them up, Katie!

Ooh, yes! So it did!

577 views, 36 votes.

Seems like we have some shy members.

Peole who contribute to the monthly art topic take encouragement from posts made and votes given. It encourages (hopefully) them to try agian.

Never know, they may put in more effort, and you may see them in print or a gallery in the future.

So, be brave and add your peice.

All are welcome.

Cheers

Kim