Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

linesman

johnreed

I have recently installed the upgrade, and have notified Memory Map that there is a problem with the Relief Maps i.e. pixelated image. I informed memory Map of the problem and suppied them with a printed copy of the relief map. I received an Email fron them this morning I quote. "Hi John, Just to let you know, there is a bug in the software that is causing the pixilation of the relief mapping. This is currently being looked at by our developement team and hopefully a fix should be with you very soon.

I apologise for this convenience.

Kind Regards

Martin Miller

GiS Developement and Support Engineer

EVO Distribution."

I await futher developements and fix.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip. I received the update as well and am wondering if I should hold off uploading it until the problem has been fixed, maybe Guy can advise.

Andy

Andy

The rest of the maps are OK it affects only the relief maps.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Any feedback form anyone who has succesfully uploaded the upadate. I am having serious problems.

Mick

Mick

See my post #3 I have no problems except as I have already explained.

John

Thanks John

I have emailed them a couple of times and waiting a reply.

Mick

Hi,

sadly I note from their website, that Linesman are sold out and consequently currently not selling the Trench Map product. Hope it is a temporary problem as I have just about persuaded my wife to buy me the product for my birthday!

Len

Len

I think that it is easier to put sold out than to explain that there is a bug. I am sure that with a brilliant software that it is, it wont be long before a solution is found to the problem and it will soon be on the market again.

John

Hi John,

I'm sure your right. Certainly I'm hoping to have it, Linesman, with me on my next trip to the battlefields.

Len

My problem has now been resolved and i would still strongly recommend this kit.

Mick

Good news regarding the bug in the upgrade. I have been informed by Simon at Memory-Map that the bug in the upgrade has been fixed and that they are just waiting to hear from the people in the USA, before shipping the fix which should be shipped by the end of next week.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Just received an Email regarding Linesman Software Repair, it goes as follows

Dear Customer

as you are aware the recent Memory Map software upgrade had three minor errors in the software coding for which we sincerely apologise.

Namely: Pixilation of the 'Releif Maps'

Pixilation of 3D views

Version error message when transfering maps to the PDA.

Memory Map has worked hard to correct this for us, and you should shortly receive the promised repair from them.

The repair should only be applied after full installation of the recent upgrade, and instructions for this will be included with the disk.

\we thank you for your patience and for completing the install and repair, and hope that the inconvenience has not baffected your continued enjoyment of using Linesman.

We look forward to offering further enhancements in the near future.

With king regards

Great War Digital

www,greatwardigital.com

jerry@greatwardigital.com

I await my repair software from them. I have no connection with Great Wat Digital except being a customer.

John

Software update arrived in post this morning have yet to install.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

just to draw your attention to the fact that the bug in Linesman has now been fixed and Linesman is back on sale on the net.

Len