Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Enid Bagnold

Guest mruk

Hmm, where do I find that review exactly?

It's on the page linked within Michelle's post. Left hand side of the page. At the finish, is written 'Reviewer: Michelle Young'

Now that's another book I'd like to read

Snap CGM! Just noticed your post

Caryl

Now that's another book I'd like to read

I think it's fairly easily obtainable via library loan. For those who enjoy 'Roses of No Man's Land' this is probably a good sequel. However, it is very dependent on quoted sources which take up more than half of the text. And the table at the end which gives details of the deaths of those who served is disappointing; it's not well edited and detail has been left out in order to fit the page. Also there are many, many instances where cause of death is given as 'Not Known' when in fact it's not too hard to find that out from service records. So not a list to rely on if trying to research casualties.

Sue

Ah, I thought we were talking about War Surgeons 1914-18! That's why I was a tad astonished. Unfortunately library loans are out for me.

• 7 years later...

"National Velvet" was one of the first English-written books I ever read. Had just devoured the complete "L'étalon noir" series but this one was not to be found in French... so I decided to read it in English... it had horses in it, that's why!! 

Funny to only now learn she was a nurse and ambulance driver in the Great War!! 

M.