Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

500 MEDALS ACQUIRED

HERITAGE PLUS

This cutting from the Dec.03 issue of 'FIRST BASE' the magazine of HM Naval Base Portsmouth may be of interest:

Guest Jeff Floyd

The Douglas-Morris collection is a truly remarkable one. He was primarily interested in the Victoria Navy and its Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. His published rolls and research articles are the place to start for anyone interested in Royal Navy medals.

Just have to add this.. not a Naval medal collector, never really have been (brown job, you see..) but I was bought a WW1/WW2 naval group as a Christmas gift many moons ago (I still have it, despite persistent efforts of a friend to prise it from me!). I happened to meet Captain Douglas-Morris soon after and mentioned this group as conversation. A more charming and helpful person I could not have hoped to meet.

His collection was an historically significant asset and I am so glad it has found a home where it can be appreciated and be of value to those who come after.

Good news!

Good news indeed; and this is only part of what he had. Douglas-Morris was a regular at the PRO in the 1980s; always willing to help and a very nice 'gent' as Phil mentions above. Glad it has gone to a good home.