Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Allied Nations coats of arms - pt 2

daggers

Hello Daggers !

The one immediately below the US, composed of six parts, is Australia - while the one to the left of it appears to represent New Zealand. The layout of the latter seems to be laid out incorrectly.

I am tempted to propose that the shield between Belgium and Serbia bears the arms of the Savoy Family who ruled Italy - thus representing that nation. However, I am more than happy to be corrected on this one.

Regards

Wayne

One of those (below the USA one) looks like Australia - or I'm guessing Australia. It has the Australian pattern of Southern Cross Stars, anyway. However, the swan etc on it are beyond me.

snap Wayne! (But, oy, you edited in about New Zealand after I'd already posted down here. ;) )

The one on Australia's left is part of New Zealand. You can see what it should look like here.

Allie

Edit Digger history shows what the different parts of the Australian coat of arms represent, here.

Daggers

From left to right in the top row: UK; USA; Belgium; Italy; Serbia.

The emblems on the Australian Arms represent: top row left to right, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland; lower row left to right, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania.

Gareth