Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cap Badges

johnreed

Could somebody please point me in the direction of a definitive referenca book for the Identification of Cap Badges with the ISBN No.

Regard

John

Hi,

Kipling & King 1995. Head-Dress Badges of the British Army - Volume 1 - Up to the end of the Great War. ISBN 0584109474.

Although I have viewed copies of it (and it is very good - almost 2000 badges are listed) it is a pretty penny to buy, hence I don't own one. A second volume exists for the period after this, if you want details I'll post. If you do choose to buy one, or someone else has a copy and they wouldn't mind photocopying the pages showing Royal Marine badges for me I'd be very appreciative!

rgds,

Alex.

Hi John.

I have several books on cap badges.Badges of the British Army 1820-1960 by F Wilkinson ISBN 0-85368-188-0, Military Badge Collecting, by John Gaylor Published by Pen & Sword ISBN 0-85052--524-1, But I think the best I have is Headdress Badges of The British Army Vols I & II by Kipling & King ISBN 0-584-10948-2 and ISBN 0-584-10947-4 I hope this is of some help John. This of course is my opinion only, others of the Forum may have there own favorites, All The Best, Rob.

Hello Alex.

I have both Volumes K & K and would copy and send all the pages with Re: to the Royal Marines Email me off Forum and give me your address and I will pop them in the post for you.

All the Best Rob.

Rob

Thanks for the info, have placed an order with ABE Books although my wife doe'nt know it yet, she has bought the book for my impending birthday.

Regards

John

Morning John.

Which books did you order, and what was the price range,( If thats not to cheeky ) I would like to compare the prices with what I paid about 6years ago, then I can let my my Wife see that she really did get a good deal when she bought mine for my Birthday ;) All the best enjoy the books.

Yours Aye Rob.