Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wiltshire MIC availability

Lambton

At the suggestion of a fellow forum member there maybe someone who is more capable in accessing the back side of an MIC than we can.

Apparently the key word is WILTSHIRE for whomever has the original to be copied.

I already have the front side of the MIC for Gunner Charles A. Fox, 64640 RGA

KEW has declared that his service records have probably been burned. However, I have a photo posted elsewhere in the forum dated 1920 and wearing a bandolier. Is this item RGA issue or maybe RHA?

Remember, this is peace time.

Doug Fox

I think you are talking about the collection of the original medal index cards which were saved from burning by , I beleive the Western front association. As these are cards they can have information on the reverse. I understand that these can be copied for you but at a cost .

http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/news/

GAreth

I believe the WFA has suspended this service as it did not have the infrastructure in its volunteers to provide the necessary service. It is processesing outstanding orders only but nor taking new ones.

I believe that it has an arrangement with Ancestry to professionally scan the entire collection for release next year.

Peter

Hi Doug,

For what it's worth I would say that Gunner Fox received his number between 5th-9th November 1915 at Fort Borgoyne, Dover, having arrived a few days before. He could have attested anywhere, usually, upto a week before this. If you attach the MIC on here someone may be able to see whether a battery is mentioned on the rolls that list his medals.

Regards Kevin

according to his mic on the online archives he was RGA, Ive checked my copies of the Wilts Regt medal rolls and there is no mention unless you have a different number