Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Morayshire Roll of Honour

robbie56

I've managed to get hold of the Morayshire Roll of Honour. It contains the names of all, most anyway, of those ''men and women connected with the County who took part in the Great War''.

Anyone who would like me to check a name on their behalf just let me know.

Did a similar book exist for Nairnshire ? If so anyone have a copy ?

R

• 7 months later...

Could you look up K J Fisher for me?

Connections with the Grantown/Cromdale/Carr Bridge Area.

Thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Peter

I'll butt in here as I have the same roll

No mention of any Fishers at all I'm afraid

Regards Hambo

Thanks Hambo. Anyone with the name of Logie? From the Elgin area maybe.

Norrette

Hi,

is there a William Sellars on it? He was in the Gordon Highlanders and eventually settled in Grantown.

Len

Len

No luck I'm afraid, would have needed to live at Grantown before the war I would guess

Hambo

Nanette

Lots of Logies from Elgin (or thereabouts) take your pick from the following

Alexander Logie Private 36607 HLI born at Elgin 12.6.88 enlisted 1.3.16 at Hamilton served France son of John and Isabella 17 High St Elgin occ grocer's assistant

Alexander Logie private 12827 6th Seaforths born Miltonduff near Elgin 7.3.92 enlisted Elgon 24.4.16 wounded on Somme 12.10.16 died at 45 CCS 15.10.16 son of William and Isabella of Miltonduff Farm near Elgin occ grocers assistant

George Logie Private 265914 2nd Seaforths born Linkwood Cottages Elgon 14.9.97 enlisted Elgin 13.10.14 wounded 23.3.18 KIA 31.8.18 son of William and Isabella Waulkmill Cottage Elgin occ ploughman

George Logie Chief Engineer HMT "Oakfield" born Elgin 15.5.67 joined at Hartlepool 1915 once torpedoed son of George and Jane Logie of High St Forres occ engineer Merchant Marine

Henry Logie Private 9775 Scottish Rifles born Elgin 12.6.92 joined Hamilton 27.8.14 son of John and Isabella High St Elgin occ steel worker

James Logie Private 23867 8th Seaforths born Wester Alves 2.2.93 enlisted Elgin 20.10.17 wounded 31.7.18 son of William and Isabella Waulkmill Cottage Elgin occ ploughman

James Logie Piper 6th Seaforths born 16.5.93 at New Elgin enlisted at Elgin August 1914 son of James and Annie of 25 Springfield Rd New Elgin occ saw miller

James Logie Private 919975 14th Canadian Infantry born Elgin 13.1.85 joined Montreal 15.10.16 wounded son of William and Isabella Waulkmill Cottage Elgin occ printer

John Logie Private 41530 8th Black Watch born Linkwood Cottages Elgin 11.4.99 joined Elgin 11.6.17 died of wounds at 68th CCS 25.8.18 son of William and Isabella Waulkmill Cottage Elgin occ ploughman

John Logie Gunner 200432 RFA born Elgin 6.10.78 joined at Catterick 21.1.17 son of John and Isabella High St Elgin occ grocer's manager

William Logie Piper 265398 6th Seaforths born New Elgin 16.2.99 joined Elgin 31.3.14 served in France wounded through both thighs son of James and Annie of 25 Springfield Rd New Elgin occ sawyer

Regards Hambo

Fantastic! Hambo. The Piper James is my stepfather's father - I wonder if he knows that his Uncle William was also a piper and also served. I expect many of the others are also related. James Logie lived till he was 99 (and had a tot every day :rolleyes: )

Is there any further info on these two pipers?

Norrette

• 2 weeks later...

Norette

Sorry just spotted you response. No more info I'm afraid, that's the full entry