Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Farewell from LB1418

Muerrisch

My PC serious nacked. New hard drive needed. Goes into shop today.

And so we say farewell for a while: please keep ALL POSTINGS to a MINIMUM so I do not have too much catching up.

That is if brain transplant works.

Exit stage left to soft cello music ........................

If only our brains could be souped up as easily !

You can always get a "forum fix" at your local library and/or internet cafe. I did this during my last hard drive upgrade and met some interesting people. It really does help to "get out more" !

why is it everyones computers are dieing. fluers, mine and lb1418

it the the bug plus 4 years

You mean you haven't got a spare for such eventualities!

If all else fails I have an antiquated, but serviceable PC which is fine for dial up internet use and will run word processing. Runs Windows 95 (remember that) and cost me £20 base unit only. I also use the hard disk in it for occasional backups.

At least replacement hard disks are cheap these days - as little as £45 for 80Gb.

I do sympathise, however. Kate gets withdrawl symptoms if she is away from email and the forum for very long.

Martin

You can always get a "forum fix" at your local library and/or internet cafe. I did this during my last hard drive upgrade and met some interesting people. It really does help to "get out more" !
i really should get back into the library for my "log on time".i got on really well with the librians and the regular faces.as soon as they knew what i was doing,i had to give updates every time i went in.it's not the same stuck at home sitting at the computer TOO convienient !!. Steven :)

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Just when you thought it was safe to venture forth, I am back. 40 gig and ram now 256. And nearly 2000 contributions to read. I thought I said stop until I get back on line. All majors and below should have obeyed. Massed court martials, to be tried in batches of 100.

At least replacement hard disks are cheap these days - as little as £45 for 80Mb.

I trust that you actually mean Gb rather than Mb there Martin!!! :D

(Either that, or harddisks are really cheap up here!!!)

Dave. :P