Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sister Mabel Templeton Hannah

Andrew Hesketh

Following the incredible help I recently got concerning Eleanor Chambers I've taken the liberty of asking if anyone can add to my pen portrait of the above lady.

What I know is:

Holder of a Mons Ribbon and Star. Served in France from October 1914 to October (?) 1916. In August 1918 she was the Assistant Matron of the Connaught Hospital in Aldershot and her name was bought to the attention of "the Secretary of State for War for valuable nursing services rendered". Daughter of Captain W. T. Hannah, Cairnsmore, Abergele.

Mabel Templeton-Hannah, born 3rd December 1887; father a Master Mariner; educated at Liverpool High School and University of Liverpool; trained at The Middlesex Hospital, London, from 9/7/10 to July 1913, and an additional year as a Staff Nurse, leaving in July 1914. Joined Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service Reserve in October 1914, prior to being appointed a Staff Nurse in the Regular Service in October 1915. Married name Calway, and she has a service file - WO399/1256 at The National Archives in that name which will fill in the service details.

Sue

Anthony - thanks for the link. I normally avoid the LG 'cos it's earch engine puts me in a murderous mood.

Sue - excellent as always. Thou art a legend. Many thanks.

Andy,

No problem, just surprised i can help and even more surprised i could use the LG!!