The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

August MGWAT

Sekhmet

Landsturm,

That is truly moving.

Susan.

Landsturm

I have often highly praised your work and rightly so but in my opinion this is the best you have submitted.

The choice of medium is inspired as the blurred quality of the charcoal really adds to sense that his mind is uneven and confused. I also like the contrast of the detailed work you have done in the uniform with that of the less defined in the face giving a vague empty look which kind of reminds me of the Scream.

It really also compliments spikes poem which unlike Susans (and my own) which is retrospective, tells the story in almost the present tense, your image seems to captures the imagery in his poem. It is almost the exact image I had in my mind when I read his poem which is uncanny.

Really excellent.

Gunboat

Thank you very much for that :) Cheered up my day!

I was inspired after seeing video footage of shellshock patients. Really eerie and disturbing, the trembling and twitching, uncontrollable reactions to sights and sounds... makes you really think what they have gone through.

I have come back to some magnificent work, and sad news. Spike, you must do as you need to, but please keep in touch. Your enthusiasm and heart felt words, have been an inspiration. Please keep on writing as you evoke the deepest of feelings with your words, both in prose and poetry.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pal's,

For some reason I can no longer post properly so I'll have to bow out again!

Good luck guys

Soren

soren

get in touch with me tafski

Tafski,

I would but I can't PM you either, call me in the morning.

also: Spike, keep posting. England expects.

check yer e mails i need yer number

bruce

I guess we can start the September MGWAT in time and I'll put up the August poll up when you're done.

Now... who wants to put up the September title? Who hasn't done it yet?

Gunnie... my savior... Quickly, go and start the thread.

I'll put up the August poll as soon as possible, Soren1916... tell me something new. How much do you need?

Oh oh oh wait for me wait for me! How embarrassing, I'm late for my own topic! But luckily the poll hasn't been made yet, yay. I've been horribly busy lately, I've moved to a new city that's 6h drive from my old hometown and started at my new school - the university of applied sciences in lahti / the art institute.

Very few paintings/drawings this time, where are all the visual people! Not that I hadn't loved the poems/texts too. Great work! And thanks for waiting.

Here's mine, hope you like it.

Shellshock

That picture says it all.

Come on Soren........ please - so enjoy your entries....

nice topic for september....

Susan.