Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

13 (S) Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers

susiehill23

I have 10 pages of the war diary covering the period 9th Sep 1915 to 24 Dec 1915 which was the date the 13th Battalion embarked from Folkestone and crossed to Boulogne to their route march to the Battle of Loos fighting on Hill70 and then retiring for trench training and reinforcements.

I don't know how to attach a large documentt so if anyone wants a copy please give me an e-mail address or tell me how to attach it.

• 3 months later...

I have the diary from the 25th Dec to the 31st Dec 1915.

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year!

Is there any chance that either of you could see if a Sergeant Robert Howett is mentioned in these pages of the 13 Bn war diary. He was my Boss's Great Grandfather and he would like to gather some information.

3/8775 Sjt. Robert Howett 13Bn Northumberland Fusilers

embarked France 25/12/1915 - DoW 14/7/1916

Many thanks guys,

Nick.

• 5 years later...

I have 10 pages of the war diary covering the period 9th Sep 1915 to 24 Dec 1915 which was the date the 13th Battalion embarked from Folkestone and crossed to Boulogne to their route march to the Battle of Loos fighting on Hill70 and then retiring for trench training and reinforcements.

I don't know how to attach a large documentt so if anyone wants a copy please give me an e-mail address or tell me how to attach it.

I would be delighted to obtain a copy of this document, as my grandfather served at this time with the 13th and was wounded at the Battle of Loos. My email address is ....... Many thanks.

Chris A

Chris

I have this

post-10072-0-80403600-1358863278_thumb.j post-10072-0-71091100-1358863292_thumb.j post-10072-0-57173800-1358863305_thumb.j

I would ammend you e-mail address to AT instead of @ or better still, remove it, (to stop spammers)

Regards,

Graeme

Thanks so much for this Graeme ... forgive my lack of IT knowledge, but how can I copy this from here for my own records? I have amended my email address as suggested so that Hill70 can send me the rest of the diaries if this is possible. I believe my grandfather was wounded in October 1915, so must have been part of any action from end September up to that date.

Regards

Chris

Chris

If you click the page with your mouse, a copy will appear with a save function with it. save it to your desktop and you can do what you will with it then.

let me know if you have any problem, Ill e-mail them,

Has Hill 70 been in touch as he does not appear to have used the Forum for over 6 months???

Regards,

Graeme

Chris

If you click the page with your mouse, a copy will appear with a save function with it. save it to your desktop and you can do what you will with it then.

let me know if you have any problem, Ill e-mail them,

Has Hill 70 been in touch as he does not appear to have used the Forum for over 6 months???

had

Regards,

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I have now managed to save these pages into My Docs for future reference. No, Hill70 hasn't been in touch ... I hadn't realised he had not been on the forum for so long. Shame, as these diaries cover the exact period I am interested in!

Regards

Chris

Hi (again)

While I'm here, does anyone have the War Diary for

29 October 1915

at all, please.

Hi Graeme

Another member has sent me a copy of the War Diary for October 1915 but I don't know how to send it to you ... by e-mail?

Regards, Chris