Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

feyyer and wilson,s roll

calvin

hello all, just a simple question, can anyone tell me , what is feyyer and wilson,s roll and how do you access it. thankyou all, john

John, they wrote several. The one I referred to for Robbins was WH Fevyer & JW Wilson, The 1914 Star to the Royal Navy & Royal Marines available as a Naval & Maritimes books reprint and on inter library loan. Sorry I thought the full reference had already been given earlier.

The roll is in ADM 171/139 at Kew, but they have added extras like the reprint of the Times POW list.

hello all, just a simple question, can anyone tell me , what is feyyer and wilson,s roll and how do you access it. thankyou all, john

Hello John

W.H.Fevyer & J.W.Wilson published a number of books on medal rolls, here are just a few,

Africa General Service Medal to RN/RM

Naval General Service Medal to RN/RM

China War Medal 1900 to RN/RM

Distinguished Service Medal 1914-20 RN, also DSM 1939-46

Queens South Africa Medal to RN/RM

Hope this helps

Regards John

thankyou both for that it has answered my question, where is the best place to obtain these books, or loan them, library etc. thanks again, regards, john

Naval & Maritimes Press have reprinted the campaign rolls, so you can buy from them, amazon, abebooks and other such book sites. The Distinguished Service Medal 1939-1946 seems easier to get the 1914-20 one. I would have thought Grimsby would have had them in the library.

hello, i am afraid the library has not got them, it is of interest to me as i have a large family group who served in both world wars, it might be a good source of referance, thanks for info. regards, john

Naval & Maritimes Press currently have a 20% off sale and both of the other sites were offering them at various prices last time I looked.

thanks for that i will make some enquiries and try to obtain the ones i want, thanks agin, regards, john

John

The following are on Ebay at the moment at a low starting price

Distinguished Service Medal 1914-20 No. 170135245657

Naval General Service Medal to RN/RM No. 170136284580

Africa General Service Medal to RN/RM No. 170134758001

Best of luck

John

thanks for that john i,ll have a look, cheers john