Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Britain's Real Monarch

Michelle Young

• Admin

I've just watched this rather intriguing programme, and naturally noticed the mention of losses during WW1, and the great photos of the presumably officers. I checked out the family tree on the channel 4 website only to find to mention of these men!?.

Michelle :blink:

This is one of them, Capt L.S.Tollemache, of the Leicesters. His photo was in the programme; link to CWGC page for him:

http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/casualty_...casualty=427534

It doesn't give his full name, which included 'Plantagenet'. I believe he is in the Guiness Book of Records as having the longest name of any soldier who died in either World War.

Wasn't it a great programme though! They seem to have unearthed 'proof' that all our monarchs from Edward the fourth have not been rightful heirs to the throne, and then allowed Baldrick to turn it into an Anglo-Australian variety show. I think that we should start campaigning immediately for the little Princes Zak, Jet and Riley, and Princess Isabella to claim their birthright!

Sue

They seem to have unearthed 'proof' that all our monarchs from Edward the fourth have not been rightful heirs to the throne

They are all imposters.

"Englands Murdered Queen" was Liberty!

It doesn't give his full name, which included 'Plantagenet'. I believe he is in the Guiness Book of Records as having the longest name of any soldier who died in either World War.

Léone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudati-filius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache, a Captain in the Leicestershire Regiment, who died on 20 February 1917.

G'day All,

One of our current affairs programmes aired this story last night. According to British historians the real heir to the throne is sixty-two year old Michael Abney-Hastings from Jerilderie in New South Wales.

His family owns a couple of castles and he's also the 14th Earl of Loudon. But he doesn't think the Queen will bestow any new titles on him now.

His response to will he press his claim to be king;

"I'm quite happy here in Jerilderie," Mr Abney-Hastings said. "I'm 62 - too old to start being king of anywhere."

http://todaytonight.com.au/stories/855439.html

Regards,

Andrew.

It was really old Arthur Baker who used to live next door to my mum. In his younger days he was apparently a good looking, elegant and charming man. His wife used to say "look at my Arthur, fit to be a King". Debrett's obviously didn't know about him until it was too late.

Terry Reeves