Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Talbot House

Katie Elizabeth Stewart

If you have the time do the "conducted" tour. I was on a "trial run" earlier this year and it was most enlighteneing and educational. The video of the concert party is not to be missed and neither is the glass of "Malagar".

Would Talbot House, then, although open to all ranks and classes, be seen as a little over-familiar for a CO?

Katie - why do you ask? Have you got some info which indicates this?

Katie - why do you ask? Have you got some info which indicates this?

There are two main reasons why I am asking.

1. Because I believe it highly likely that my great-grandfather would have visited as he was at Ypres and a devout Christian throughout his life. I wanted to find a place I could associate with him, and as I am hoping to visit the Western Front in October, I should like to go there to feel close to him/remember him and to get a clearer idea of what his war experiences were like

2. I want to know about COs visiting because there is something I am writing where a 2nd Lieutenant and a Captain are having quite a personal conversation whilst out in rest at Ypres, and having seen a picture of Talbot House, I judged it the perfect setting - more intimate, less bawdy, quiet and atmospheric. That's all.