Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Request for Photo Scans - Roll of Honour & Bond of Sacrifice

Willywombat

Would anyone with a copy of the de Ruvigny Roll of Honour and/or the Bond of Sacrifice be in a position to do a scan or two for me? At present all I have are rather poor photocopies of the entries for the following chaps I'm researching -

Private Ian Montgomery Jones, 20th Bn Royal Fusiliers (Page 209 of de Ruvigny's Roll of Honour)

Captain George Herbert Hastings, 1st Bn Middlesex Regiment (also (spookily) on page 209 of Vol 2 of the Bond of Sacrifice)

They are both named on the school war memorial I'm researching (King's Gloucester) and I'm trying to get the best photographs of them I can. I don't really need the accompanying biography - just the photo.

I'm rather conscious that at the moment I'm taking rather more from the forum than I'm able to give :blush: (although I did manage to help someone out with a query yesterday!), but if anyone feels they can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Bob.

• 2 years later...

George Herbert Hastings-

I have an entry fof a George Henry Hastings -from Bill Woolmores book -Steinaeckers Horse page 206 'Still serving with SH when hostilities ceased on 31 May 1902. You can see my research on Steinaeckers Horse at www.steinaeckershorse.com. Cheers, Bill G

Pte. I M Jones:

Bob: If you would like photos at great resolution than those above PM with your email address and I will send you the original scans. Dick Flory

post-765-1272497150.jpg

• 3 months later...

I originally posted this in 2007 and now some excellent replies. "Everything comes to he who waits"!

This information and the photos are still very relevant, so many thanks. I only just saw them as I've been away from WW1 research for a while doing other things, but now back with a vengeance.

Many thanks again!