Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Naval Operations in the Dardenelles

tonyblackpool

Well - some new photographs are nice but the rest is more or less useless information, which is partially wrong. The article about the important commanders - in particular the role of the Germans is nonsense and has no historical true background. I guess, that guy never visited an archive and just read Turkish books about this lies. To reduce the defence of Gallipoli just to two individual leaders is obviously a naive idea and can be proved wrong within a minute...

Therefore: please take care with this stuff

Well - some new photographs are nice but the rest is more or less useless information, which is partially wrong. The article about the important commanders - in particular the role of the Germans is nonsense and has no historical true background. I guess, that guy never visited an archive and just read Turkish books about this lies. To reduce the defence of Gallipoli just to two individual leaders is obviously a naive idea and can be proved wrong within a minute...

Therefore: please take care with this stuff

hi ,thank you for your input, but i am only letting pals know about the site not the content,

regards tony