Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

18 Bn London Regiment

johnreed

I have a scanned a photograph of the NCO's of 18 Bn London Regiment (London Irish Rifles) from The Illustrated War News dated 6th October 1915 it has their names under the photograph it is too larger a file to attach this means. Email me and I will send it direct to any interested parties.

Regards

John

John - just to let you know I have sorted out the report for the action which L/Cpl Gains died in. I have a number of photos of 1/18th Londons, but few are named. Do you have any photos of Gains for comparison?

Hi Paul

Unfortunately I have no photo's to go on but it would seem that he had the family trait of very dark or jet black hair, his neice is still alive and remember him very well, in fact she is on the phone at this very moment talking to my wife, if possible couls you send me any photo's of 18 Bn.

Regards

John

Paul,

Is the report you have on the raid of 7th April the same as the one I sent you? If not could you please send me a copy. If you have anything that mentions Serjeant Digby Garton Duggleby I would be pleased to know.

Cheers,

Roger.

Dear John and Paul,

thanks for your help in the past. I know you guys are looking into the 18th, but do you happen to have any pictures of the 20th you wouldn't mind sharing with me.

thanks a bunch as always

Paul

• 1 year later...
I have a scanned a photograph of the NCO's of 18 Bn London Regiment (London Irish Rifles) from The Illustrated War News dated 6th October 1915 it has their names under the photograph it is too larger a file to attach this means. Email me and I will send it direct to any interested parties.

Regards

John

hello paul

if this report mentions Seargant Digby garton Duggleby I would love to have a copy of it please.

please see www.duggleby.info for more information about him, I beleive his medals are held by another family member I am in touch with.

kind regards

Ellen Reid nee Duggleby

Details of the trench raid and any photos of 1/18th Londons would be much appreciated - nutkinsagn@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Tony